As I reflected on how to write a Wealthy Affiliate (WA) review, I decided that the most honest approach I could take would be to treat my review as both a review and endorsement. You see, I am a premium member at WA, and I believe that makes me well qualified to address frequently asked questions about WA and also about affiliate marketing in general: What is an affiliate marketing business? Is affiliate marketing for beginners? What is an affiliate marketing website? Can you make money from affiliate marketing? Is Wealthy Affiliate a scam or legit? That last question was certainly something that I considered. Any reasonable person should.
Does being a member of Wealthy Affiliate inhibit me from being objective in my assessments? Consider this: I did my research before I decided to join WA – as an experienced website developer, I’ve researched many programs and products in my time – and I am now a paid-up premium member. Can I offer a greater endorsement than that? I voted with my wallet.
Even so, my website is founded on the principle of integrity, and I intend to be factually accurate and objective in my comments and observations. I also encourage you to conduct your own research and to satisfy yourself that affiliate marketing is for you.
How does Affiliate Marketing Work?
As a member of Wealthy Affiliate, you will find the process of creating an online business simple. Now, remember I said simple, not easy – there are simple steps you need to follow but the work is very demanding.
- Select a Niche. Before you commence work on your blog or website you must decide on your market niche – your specific area of expertise. The niche should relate to a subject that you feel passionately about or understand very well. In an ideal world, it should serve both purposes.
- Publish your website and fill it with quality content. Face this task with integrity because without building trust and authority you’re wasting your time. What’s that I hear? Don’t you know how to build a website? It’s not a problem. The Wealthy Affiliate website hosting platform has an integrated website builder. Once you’ve selected your niche and blog title your site can be live in less than a minute.
- Get ranked in search engines. Your task is to find your way to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs). It’s how you will generate traffic to your website. You must be on page one for as many keyword searches as possible and there is much work involved in achieving this outcome. You need to publish new posts frequently and update older posts, you must select the correct keywords to optimise your website and articles and you must gain authority.
- Monetize your website traffic. There are many ways to monetize online traffic. You have the potential to generate multiple income streams – 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Some Background on Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate was established in 2005 by two young grad students who were already enjoying significant success as affiliate marketers. Their names are Kyle and Carson and they will welcome you personally when you sign up for your free basic membership. They are real people who are committed to your ongoing success and will often respond personally to enquiries.
Today, Wealthy Affiliate has more than 100,000 active members from across the globe and continues to provide and improve upon all the tools and resources you will ever need to be a full-time, professional affiliate marketer. They’re outlined below, but new features are added frequently at no additional cost to members. So don’t be at all surprised if there is more on offer by the time you read this review.
People often ask if it’s too late to get started in affiliate marketing. With so many affiliate marketers out there, has that ship already sailed? In short, it hasn’t. It has been predicted that more than seventy million new home-based businesses will be established within the next five years and that the growth in online sales will continue to grow exponentially.
Every year billions of dollars are paid in affiliate commissions by thousands of companies. Amazon and Target are two high profile examples. Even so, Wealthy Affiliates has also helped members to build and operate e-commerce businesses online. They sell everything from their own ebooks to bespoke beauty products.
If you decide to become a member of Wealthy Affiliate, you’ll have the opportunity to meet them in forums and to message them personally, and you will be able to network with people aged from 18 to 80.
Wealthy Affiliate provides two levels of membership: free basic membership and premium membership.
Free basic membership is enough to get you started – two free websites, the chance to test-drive JAAXY, an outstanding keyword and niche research tool, free basic training and live help and 1-on-1 coaching for the first week. You may also feel free to contact me with any enquiries you have.
No credit card is required to become a free starter member.
I’m cautious by nature. If Wealthy Affiliate had not offered me the opportunity to become a free member, without asking for my credit card details, I would not be a member today.
I also enjoy establishing trust and building networks by being frank with people. So, let me be the first to remind you that nothing is a bargain if you can’t afford it or if you don’t need it. Try before you buy. Take a few days to do the basic training, build your first website and explore the tools and resources WA has to offer.
Free membership is an opportunity for you to research Wealthy Affiliate and all it has to offer without making any sort of commitment. Learn how to select a “niche”, build a website and decide if affiliate marketing is for you. It may not be. The work is very demanding. Nevertheless, the rewards are great for those who succeed. Think about it – success means that you will have the opportunity to run your online business from home or anywhere you may care to wander.
Premium membership provides everything you need to become a professional affiliate marketer. In my view, it is very inexpensive and you are free to leave at any time.
So, what comes with premium membership?
The Wealthy Affiliate University – The Alma Mater of Successful Affiliate Marketing Professionals
- Certification courses – step by step training
- Affiliate Bootcamp
- Online classrooms
- Live video classes
- Hundreds of hours of pre-recorded classes
- Community – mentorship
- Personal affiliate blog
Website Hosting Platform – Fast and Secure
- 50 websites (25 websites + 25 sub-domains)
- Integrated website builder
- Site support – (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year)
- Website backup
- Website security package
Site Content – Keeping things Simple
- The ultimate platform for writing and managing website content
- Duplicate content checker
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Grammar Checker
- Spelling Checker
- Automated publishing directly to your website
- Writing stats and goals
- Content structure analysis
- The ability to template content
Feedback and Comments – Gain Authority
- Comment platform
- Feedback platform
An Affiliate Program – Earn While You Learn
- A generous affiliate program for free members
- A doubly generous affiliate program for premium members
Keyword Research Tool – Free for Premium Members
Jaaxy is a powerful keyword and research platform developed by affiliate marketers FOR affiliate marketers. It manages:
- Keyword research
- Niche research
- Competition and market research
Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates – The Winning Edge
- SSL certificates that can be turned on as easily as using a light switch.
The following comments are from my “About Me” page:
“SSL certificates are becoming increasingly important. They ensure visitors that the provided content comes from a verified publisher. Secure sites have a little green padlock in the address bar and the website URL commences with https:// rather than the more familiar http://. It gives visitors confidence.”
“Many website developers detest adding SSL certificates to a website – particularly a mature site. It’s complicated, time-consuming and no fun at all. Worse still, it can be very expensive. You may find an affordable SSL certificate only to discover that your website hosting company wants to charge you for applying it – like a restaurant that charges an exorbitant corkage fee.
There’s much more of course, and you’ll learn all about it if you create your free account today.
One piece of advice I can offer you from the outset is to select a niche that plays to your strengths. A niche is an area of expertise that you will be writing about a lot. It shouldn’t be too broad if you’re new to affiliate marketing. For instance, “Dog Breeding” is certainly too broad for your first site. However, “Welsh Corgi Puppies” may be just the ticket. You’ll learn all about niche selection in the basic training.
Please feel free to comment or ask any questions below.
I look forward to meeting you on the other side soon.